When you are choosing a piece of software; you expect it to help the growth of your business and be a wise investment. However, if you are not making full use of it, you risk the investment going to waste as it’s not optimised to work to its full potential.
Platform audits are a great way to avoid this as they can uncover valuable features and processes that you aren’t using.
What is a platform audit?
There are various forms of platform auditing, and each has different requirements. Generally speaking, platform audits are the process of analysing a piece of software and looking at the elements that aren’t being utilised and working towards improvements.
How does it improve performance?
Running regular platform audits on your CMS can help you find what you are utilising well and what needs improving. This allows you to take full advantage of your software's capabilities, which helps your business grow and provides you with good value for money.
Platform auditing is like taking care of a car. A car is serviced every year to ensure it doesn't break down and is running at its optimum. The same principle applies to platform audits. The audit services your platform and fixes any errors keeping it from performing at its peak.
How does a platform audit work?
HubSpot and WordPress are different software packages with different features and uses. As a result, the elements analysed when performing an audit will be different.
Both audits follow the same basic step process:
- Stage 1 - Initial discovery session covering goals and challenges
- Stage 2 - Platform audit
- Stage 3 - Audit review meeting
- Stage 4 - Future road mapping
How does the HubSpot audit work?
HubSpot is primarily an all-in-one customer relationship management (CRM) tool designed to help businesses attract and retain customers. Therefore, with this audit being a CRM audit, we analyse the following:
- Data – assessing the data quality
- Apps and integrations – checking to see what apps are needed for integration
- Reporting – confirming that HubSpot is reporting on relevant data
- Automation - searching for any outdated workflow automation and workflow errors
- Quick wins and actions points – reporting on the findings of the audits and the best steps moving forward
How does the WordPress audit work?
If you're using WordPress, it is the beating heart of your website. To have a website with a good user interface - a tool for generating leads and accomplishing your business goals - you need to use WordPress effectively.
Our WordPress site audit analyses:
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) – how your website ranks on search engines
- Website errors/warnings/notices – if the website pages work correctly without slip-ups
- Site speed – assessing the overall loading speed of the website
- Mobile performance – reviewing the websites UI, focusing on ease for people browsing on their mobile device
- KPIs – establishing key targets to improve the website performance
Claim your free platform audit
By having a platform audit for either HubSpot or WordPress (or both if you have them), you are taking a significant step towards getting the most out of your CMS and ensuring that it aligns with your business goals and objectives.
Claim your free platform audit by completing the form below:
Want to know more on this topic?
We love hearing from you, if you want to know more please complete the form below.